Friday 20 January 2012

Plenty: Caramelised garlic tart

I've been putting off Ottolenghi's caramelised garlic tart for a while, mainly because it looks so deliciously succlent and fatty that if I make it, I'd eat it all myself in one go. Luckily I had company for this one... and we finished it all almost in one go, though it is supposed to be for 4-6 people. It's an easy one to prepare, but it takes time (took me a couple of hours), as all tarts, pies and quiches can, owing to the amout of time it takes to bake the pastry, on top of peeling, chopping and preparing the insides, including caramelising the garlic cloves. If you are a garlic lover, though, this is a piece of heaven. The garlic is caramelised in a mix of water, sugar, balsamic vinegar and herbs, the soft, warm, pungent yet sweet flavour of which is only enhanced by not one but two types of goat's cheeses. I enjoyed it with a side salad to lighten the meal, which worked well, but didn't stop me from taking seconds... and thirds.


No comments:

Post a Comment