Thursday 24 November 2011

Pumpkin lasagne

Last week I had lunch at Kiasma and they had a wonderful pumpkin lasagne, leaving both me and my lunch companion yearning for more. After some browsing online, I picked this recipe, minus the proscuitto. It took a while to make (about 2.5-3 hours from start to finish) because of all the oven roasting. You can cut a lot of the time by not making your own white sauce, though. Unlike the one at Kiasma, this one was super cheesy, filled with pecorino and taleggio (and yes, that thick white layer in the middle of the photo is indeed the taleggio). In fact this is probably the most cheesy lasagne I've ever eaten. It was delicious, but I'm not sure whether it beats the Kiasma version. I garnished my portion with thyme sprigs, which accentuated the sweetness of the pumpkin nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment