Wednesday 21 December 2011

Tähtitorttu - Finnish Christmas plum pastries

Christmas is only a few days away, but I've been so busy with other things this year that I haven't had time to get into the Christmas mood at all. No presents bought, twinkle lights remain hidden away in some closet, and so on. Tonight, however, I got a glimpse of that feeling. My friend Maria and I made Finnish Christmas star-shaped plum pastries. I wonder how we managed to eat them, considering they were preceded by double portions of risotto!
More Christmas spirit in store tomorrow: My friends Nina and Tina are coming over to make gingerbread cookies. Time to go cookie mould shopping...
PS. I am travelling soon to China for two weeks, where I won't be doing much cooking, but I'm hoping to post some culinary tidbits during the journey. When I get back in mid-January, it's back to Plenty and the daily delight of cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment