Thursday 8 September 2011

Plenty project: Mushroom and herb polenta

To my delight, my friend Mira bought Ottolenghi's Plenty after reading my blog and hearing praise about the book from another friend. Last week we made a Plenty cooking date - the first of many to come, I hope! Mushroom season has arrived in Finland, and Mira had some freshly picked chantrelle mushrooms. I had polenta (courtesy of my wonderful neighbours who brought it straight from Italy) and joining forces, we decided to make the Mushroom and herb polenta recipe. It was heavenly! To my surprise, Mira had even managed to find Taleggio at Stockmann's Herkku food halls. The outcome was hearty and delicious. Especially when a little cooler, the parmesan-butter-rosemary flavoured polenta plus the herbs in the mushrooms really stood out, as did the Taleggio cheese. I'll definitely be making this again come winter, when one longs for a heavier and cosier yet replenishing meal. Thanks also goes out to Mira's partner Valtteri for his excellent skills in polenta stirring!


No comments:

Post a Comment