Saturday 23 June 2012

Quinoa with courgettes and onions

The third recipe from Fearnley-Whittingstall's veg book. This was also very easy to make, and relatively quick. I love slow-cooked vegetables, especially onions, which are cooked here with courgettes. I have sung the praises of quinoa before, so I'll leave that aside this time. But if you are interested, here is not only a link to the recipe of this beautiful dish, but also 10 facts about quinoa worth delving into. I should mention that I made this as a side dish to the spring onion galette, and that they worked together like bread and butter. (P.S. Vegans, just fry completely in olive oil, leave out the butter)


 

2 comments:

  1. Quinoa! It's the best. I don't eat enough quinoa at all. Must make this some day. It's the one food that is not animal-derived but does contain all 9 essential amino acids, a complete protein! Melissa also sang its praises on our blog once: http://www.voices4animals.org/?p=388

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinoa is an amazing food. You'd never think something so light is so nutritious!

    ReplyDelete