Saturday 13 August 2011

Baking day for sourdough bread

Today I've been caring for my sourdough baby, getting it ready for baking. First thing in the morning I took my sourdough starter and added the flour, water and salt to make the dough. It's been a day of patient waiting and mixing now and then. At one point my mixer overheated and went kaputt. With smoke slowly rising from the poor overworked machine, I had to sort out the fuses that had gone elsewhere in the incident (including the light to my bathroom, the fridge and computer), and somehow keep up the pace, now mixing the dough by hand. Later I fetched my mother's Kenwood mixer and finished off the mixing with that. What a day. The dough is now resting for a final four hours before baking, giving me just enough time to prepare and eat dinner (making baked butter beans).

No comments:

Post a Comment