Tuesday 9 August 2011

Sourdough bread

Today I got a little present from my friend Marjaana: a sourdough bread starter. I've been wanting to make bread from a starter for a year or so, but never got around to it. When I found out last night that Marjaana was working a starter, I got in touch and she was kind enough to pass on some of her starter to me this afternoon. I've put it into a stainless steel bowl and I'll add some organic whole grain flour and water to it in an hour. I'm very excited about this new project. I can hardly wait til Sunday when I'll be on a strict schedule for kneading and such. Needless to say I will keep Le Pamplemousse up to date with any developments!

PS. A holler of thanks goes out to Marjaana (and Outi, who shared her starter with Marjaana).



No comments:

Post a Comment