Sunday 14 August 2011

Goodie basket

My neighbours came home today from a three week holiday stint at their country house. I gave them some of the sourdough bread I baked yesterday, but what I got in return by far outweighs what I gave. I got a whole basket full of fresh (and needless to say, organic) vegetables and other goodies straight from their own land. Have I got some great cooking ahead of me this week! The basket contained two enormous zucchinis (weighing 2kg and 1.4kg), beans, carrots, onions, new potatoes, basil, coriander, lettuce, plus blackcurrants and redcurrants, a jar of home-grown and made rhubarb chutney, and a package of organic barley. I am thrilled. And feeling incredibly lucky and thankful to have such generous neighbours. Here's a peek at the contents...

The goodie basket - monster zucchinis peeking out

Zucchini, lettuce, basil

New potatoes, beans, carrots, onion, lettuce

Barley, blackcurrants, redcurrants, rhubarb chutney

No comments:

Post a Comment