Friday 5 August 2011

Summer porridge

There is nothing special about this. Yes, it is just porridge with fresh Finnish forest blueberries available only for a few weeks every summer. I make my porridge with a 1:2 ratio of organic oat-flakes and organic soy milk, stirring constantly from beginning to end to ensure that the porridge becomes nice and creamy in texture. Since this takes quite a few minutes every morning, as a bookworm I make the most of my time and dip into whatever book I'm reading, book in one hand, spatula in the other, stirring the porridge. Finally, when I remember to, I add in a pinch of sea salt at the very end, serve, and sprinkle blueberries on the top.

2 comments:

  1. Nice - and this is VERY special! I actually always add the salt at the beginning, I find that when I ad it at the end, sometimes there's kind of bits of salt and parts of the porridge still unsalted. But that's just me.

    I love oats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never tried adding salt in the beginning. will try that :)

    ReplyDelete